Table of Contents
- Useful Rules of Thumb
- Detecting Counterfeit Components
- Design and Manufacturing
- Hardware IDs
- All About Circuits
- Battery University - Your product probably has a battery, and this website contains an information treasure trove.
- DatasheetPro - Datasheet Search Engine
- WikiDev - A hardware database, especially useful for chipset comparisons
Useful Rules of Thumb
- Bogatin's Rules of Thumb - A series of 32 articles published on EDN which covers a variety of electrical design techniques. Recommended for all electrical engineers.
- Decoupling Capacitors (And Other Power Rules of Thumb)
Detecting Counterfeit Components
- AllAboutCircuits: How to Spot Counterfeit Electronic Components
- Counterfeit Electronic Component Detection
- Counterfeit Parts Blog
- Gallery of counterfeit examples
- Combat Counterfeits: A Gallery of Counterfeit Examples
- TI NE5532: Real vs Fake Op Amp
Design and Manufacturing
- Circuit Celler: PCB Vendors for Quick Prototyping Solutions
- Bolt VC Blog - great advice on hardware product development
- Dragon Innovation Blog - manufacturing information
- USB PID Codes - In order to get a USB PID/VID code for your design, you need to pay USB-IF $5000. For open source hardware projects, pid.codes will provide you a PID using their vendor ID, allowing you to save some valuable cash.