Who: Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) When: 2009-2010 Where: Atlanta, GA Languages: C, Visual C++
Phillip's major software development experience was working on a MIL-STD-1553B bus analyzer. The software supported monitoring, recording, playback, and decoding messages sent to EW/avionics systems. This software had been written and maintained by GTRI for 10-20 years, leading to a large and unruly code base.
Phillip supported a major release cycle and was responsible for a variety of activities:
- Integrating support for decoding traffic on new systems
- Incorporating new interface updates for supported systems
- Fixing bugs identified in previous releases
- Reviewing formal software test plan, fixing errors, and incorporating requirements for new feature sets
- Running formal software tests prior to releasing the software to the customer